SILA-SEAL™ Professional Grade Silicone Sealants are non-slumping, one-part 100% silicone rubber acetoxy sealants that cure to a tough, rubbery solid upon exposure to moisture in the air with long-term flexibility and durability.
It is primarily used as general purpose sealing and bonding agents, as space-filling rubber adhesives, or formed-in-place gaskets. SILA-SEAL™ Professional Grade Silicone Sealants adhere to clean metal, glass, most types of non-oily woods, silicone resin, vulcanized silicone rubber, ceramic, natural and synthetic fiber, most painted and plastic surfaces.
Fully cured, the RTV(Room Temperature Vulcanization) silicone can be used for extended periods at temperatures up to 450°F and for shorter periods as high as 500°F. This product is ideal for many industrial applications where a long-term, permanently flexible bond or seal is required.
This product comes in a 5 gallon pail(40 lbs).
Typical uses for SILA-SEAL™ Professional Grade Silicone Sealant include:
- Adhering and sealing appliance trim and parts
- Adhering signs and plaques to approved surfaces
- Adhering and sealing sheet metal
- Formed-in-place gaskets for axle housings, differentials, junction box covers, etc.
- Sealing joints in ductwork
- Sealing truck cabs and trailers, marine portholes, and cabins